Women's Health Physical Therapy
Women's health issues have treatment options. A woman's health needs are different than any other and sometimes we are afraid to seek treatment for some key issues. Women's health physical therapy is a medical specialty focusing on the physical treatment and management of complex physical and functional challenges for women. These conditions impact independence. Take action, and start your program today.
Physical therapists may provide treatment and education regarding activities of daily living, muscle retraining and pain management among others. At Loma Linda University Medical Center (LLUMC), our physical therapists evaluate, treat and manage patients with some of the most complex problems. Their sole aim is to help individuals go about their daily activities at home and work and regain their confidence and independence.
Women, do you have any of these issues?
• Do you leak urine when you cough, sneeze or exercise? If so, how often?
• Do you go to the bathroom frequently during the day?
• Do you leak from your bowel?
• Do you often experience constipation?
• Do you experience a heavy feeling in your vagina or feel like something is going to fall out?
• Do you have pelvic pain?
• Do you have tailbone pain?
• If you are pregnant or have recently given birth, do you have back pain, pubic pain or any other type of pain?
• Do you have a history of an abdominal surgery and still have complications of scar tissue, pain or weakness?
If you can answer yes to any of these questions please speak to your doctor about your concerns. Ask if women’s health physical therapy may be a safe treatment for your symptoms.
For more information on women’s physical therapy services, please call 909-558-6144.