A health-care institution places a great deal of emphasis on physical health. But in spite of the knowledge and information available, many of us fail to care for our bodies in the way we know to be best. Proper nutrition, exercise, rest, and paying attention to medical needs are things that must be attended to if we want optimal health.
Check it out!
- Eat a balanced diet, full of whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
- Exercise on a regular basis, making sure to work on your cardiovascular system, your flexibility, and muscle strength.
- Drink plenty of water, while avoiding stimulants such as caffeine.
- Make sure you get a regular 7-8 hours of sleep.
- Use sun protection.
- Wear your seat belt.
- Maintain good posture and ergonomics.
Helpful links: nutrition
- Nutrition and Dietetic Counseling
- Center for Health Promotion - (909)558-4594
- Drayson Center - (909) 558-8690
- USDA Nutrient Database
Helpful links: exercise/fitness