Current Ophthalmology Clinical Trials
Currently Enrollilng Clinical Trials
AGE-RELATED MACULAR DEGENERATION
1) IMT (for Phakic Eyes): A Prospective, Multicenter Post-Approval Study (PAS) of VisionCare’s Implantable Miniature Telescope (By Dr. Isaac Lipshitz) in Patients with Bilateral Severe to Profound Central Vision Impairment Associated with End-stage Age-Related Macular Degeneration
1) CEDAR: Safety and Efficacy of Abicipar Pegol (AGN-150998) in Patients With Neovascular Age-related Macular Degeneration (Cedar)
DIABETIC MACULAR EDEMA
1) DRCR Genes: Genes in Diabetic Retinopathy Project .The goal of this project is to create a repository of at least 5000 participant’s blood samples with 114 extracted genetic material and clinical phenotype information as a resource for the research 115 community, both public and private institutions.
2) DRCR W: Intravitreous Anti-VEGF Treatment for Prevention of Vision Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy in Eyes at High Risk
3) CIRCLE: A Phase 2, Randomized, Double-Masked, Sham-Controlled, Multi-Centre Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Ocriplasmin in Inducing Total Posterior Vitreous Detachment (PVD) in Subjects with Non-Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy (NPDR) (CIRCLE)
MODERATE TO SEVERE NPDR
Allergan Protocol 192024-091: The Efficacy and Safety of Bimatoprost SR in Patients With Open-angle Glaucoma or Ocular Hypertension. Expected initiation date, April 2017.
QRK207: A Phase 2/3, Randomized, Double-Masked, Sham-Controlled Trial of QPI-1007 Delivered by Single or Multi-Dose Intravitreal Injection(s) to Subjects with Acute Nonarteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (NAION)
1) RAINBOW: A randomized, controlled, study evaluating the efficacy and safety of RAnibizumab compared with laser therapy for the treatment of INfants BOrn prematurely With retinopathy of prematurity
Upcoming Clinical Trials
MODERATE TO SEVERE NPDR
1) IMT (for Pseudophakic Eyes): a prospective, multicenter clinical trial of the implantable miniature telescope in Pseudophakic eyes with central vision impairment associated with end-stage macular degeneration. Expected initiation date, mid to end 2017.
2) MAKO: A Phase III Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Squalamine Lactate Ophthalmic Solution, 0.2% Twice Daily in Subjects with Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Expected initiation date, mid to end 2017.
3) DRCR Protocol AB: Intravitreous Anti-VEGF vs. Prompt Vitrectomy for Vitreous Hemorrhage from Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy. Expected initiation date, mid to end 2017.