- Neurosurgery Case Conference – Weekly, the faculty and residents discuss interesting cases while reviewing films and clinical data.
- Faculty Milestone Didactic – Weekly, a faculty member presents from the six domains of the neurological surgery milestones.
- Resident Didactic – Weekly, residents discuss history, anatomy, clinical scenario, surgical approach or review for the American Board of Neurological Surgery primary examination.
- Morbidity & Mortality (M & M) Conference – Monthly, M & M cases are discussed.
- Rotating Conferences – Rotating conferences are announced prior to each week. For example: Critical Care, Brain Cutting, Neuroscience, Neuroradiology, Neurovascular, Epilepsy, Pediatric Tumor Board, Neuro-Oncology Tumor Board, Proton, Spine, Research
- Neurosurgery Journal Club – Monthly, a journal club is held for the attendings and residents to discuss pre-selected articles.
- Guest Lectures – GMEO, CDI, Risk Management/Professional Liability, MR Perfusion
- Visiting Professors – Quarterly, a visiting professor from an outside institution is invited to visit LLUMC to present a one-hour lecture during Neuroscience Grand Rounds.
Sample of Academic Day
7:00 – 8:00 a.m. – Neurosurgery Case Conference
8:00 – 9:00 a.m. – Neuroscience Grand Rounds
9:00 – 10:30 a.m. – Faculty Milestone Didactic
11:00 – 12:00 p.m. – Neurovascular Conference
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. – Morbidity and Mortality Conference
1:00 – 3:00 p.m. – Resident Didactic
4:00 – 5:00 p.m. – Resident Sign-Out Rounds
5:00 – 6:00 p.m. – Neurosurgery Journal Club