The following is a brief summary of what the schedule looks like for the residents of Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital.
- During the PL2/PL3 years, we offer training that is geared specifically for your future career path called Flex months. These months allow you to have the ability to choose more outpatient and/or inpatient experiences.
- International Rotations are highly supported during your PL3 year. Multiple sites at various countries worldwide are available, including Malawai and Guam, and can be easily arranged through our Global Health Institution.
- An optional inpatient month at White Memorial Hospital in Los Angeles is available during your PL2/PL3 for exposure to a different facility and health care system.
- Subspecialty consult months include Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Neurology, Endocrinology, Cardiology, and Infectious Disease
- Selective months include Rheumatology, Genetics, Forensics, Nephrology consults, and Hematology/Oncology consults
|PL 1||PL 2/3|
|Inpatient Wards||4 months||5 months|
|Outpatient Clinic (SACHS)||3 months*||2 months|
|ER||1 month||1 month|
|OK Kids/Advocacy||1 month**|
|Elective/Selective||1 month**||3 months|
|Flex months||2 months|
|Subspecialty consult||6 months**|
|Vacation||3 weeks||8 weeks|
* Two months of outpatient clinic will consist of two weeks of ward night float each month (averages to about one month of ward night float during intern year)
**An average of 5 nights of NICU night float within the months indicated (three months during intern year and three months during PL2/PL3 years)