HOPES Bereavement Program
The grief you feel is real...
Others may try to comfort you, but the pain doesn't go away. You need to talk with someone who knows what you're going through...someone who can help. You are not alone...we are here...we care.
The HOPES program is designed to provide support to families who are grieving the death of their loved one. We are aware that this is an emotional time for you and your needs are very special. We offer this website as a resource to you as you walk this difficult journey.
If you have questions, please call one of the following:
- HOPES office: 909-558-7261 (for bereavement support and printed materials)
- Decedent Affairs office: 909-651-4104 (for details about mortuaries and autopsies)
A support group is offered by Chaplain Services four times each year. The groups begin on the first Monday of January, April, June, and October. This group deals with all types of loss.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
- Psalm 23
Helping you Understand Grief
You may print these resources or order printed copies of select brochures ORDER FORM.
- Taking Care of You - English | Spanish (PDF)
- The Grief Process - English (PDF)
- Shattered Dreams (death of a child) - English | Spanish (PDF)
- Grieving Fathers - English | Spanish (PDF)
- Kids Can Cope with Death and Dying - English | Spanish (PDF)
- Grieving Grandparents - English | Spanish (PDF)
- Business Matters - English (PDF)
- For Support and Comfort - English (PDF)