The Marfan Clinic at the Heart and Imaging Center is the first and only specialty clinic of its kind in the Inland Empire. Our physicians and medical staff have years of experience in the medical research and clinical settings with a commitment to compassionate imaging and diagnostic care. Focused on the wellbeing of the whole person, the Marfan Clinic is dedicated to accurately diagnosing and following up with our patients affected by Marfan Syndrome, specifically.
Marfan Syndrome is a heritable condition that affects the connective tissue, or the tissue that holds the body together and provides a framework for growth and development. Patients who have Marfan Syndrome have defective connective tissue. Because connective tissue is found throughout the body, many body systems are affected including the skeleton, eyes, heart and blood vessels, nervous system, skin and lungs.
Clinic Objectives & Tests
The goals of the Marfan Clinic include but are not limited to:
- Initial evaluation of patients suspected to have Marfan Syndrome
- Patients undergo an initial clinical evaluation involving a cardiac echocardiogram and MRI to evaluate the heart.
- Screening of family members of known Marfan Syndrome patients
- Medical management and monitoring
- Genetic counseling
- Surgical management of aortic dilatation, valve problems and orthopedic problems such as kyphoscoliosis
Contact Us & Learn More
To make an appointment, please call us toll free at (888) 558-2713. For more information, email the Marfan Clinic. Our clinic also anticipates patient referrals from orthopedic surgeons, ophthalmologists, geneticists and obstetricians. Referring physicians, please fax your request to (909) 835-1229. In the event of an emergency, call 911.