Cancer Services for Men
The Loma Linda University Cancer Center (LLUCC) is dedicated to providing men and their families with high quality, cutting-edge cancer treatments that are among the best in the world. Made up of 11 Centers of Excellence, LLUCC is currently expanding its cancer center unit, adding a resource center, a symptom management clinic and two pavilions by the end of 2010.
Cancer Center Treatment Options
Cancer treatments at LLUCC focus on creating a customized team of various, integrated cancer specialists for each man's unique condition, situation and needs. With a more comprehensive approach to cancer treatment, Loma Linda University Cancer Center offers a variety of traditional, alternative and complex cancer services, including:
- Chemotherapy – the use of chemicals and pharmaceuticals to kill malignant cells
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) – the practice of heating chemotherapy solutions and then circulating them in the abdomen to treat gastrointestinal cancers
- Open surgery – traditional invasive procedures that excise tumors from the body
- Proton radiation treatment – the use of targeted, high-energy protons to kill cancerous cells while causing minimal damage to surrounding, healthy tissues
- Robotic and other minimally invasive surgeries – the use of robotic instruments and processes during surgery to decrease the number and size of incisions made or invasive procedures used
Men also benefit from the Loma Linda University Center for Health Promotion’s lifestyle and wellness program that ensures men maintain a high quality of life while undergoing cancer treatment for prostate cancer.
Cancer Research Center at LLU
In addition to offering cancer treatment facilities, the Loma Linda Cancer Center is also home to a world-renowned research program that regularly conducts clinical trials in an effort to find new cancer treatments and prevention methods for men.
Ongoing clinical trials are available for men with different types of cancer in a variety of stages.
As part of the Cancer Center, the LLUCC Biospecimen Laboratory is responsible for providing researchers with the specimens they need to study:
- The causes of different types of cancer
- Better methods of preventing cancer
- New cancer treatment options
Specimens collected and needed on a regular basis include blood, bone marrow, plasma and tissues. The results and findings of specimen analyses will not be given to individual donors.
To Learn More about Cancer Center Services
Call (800) 78CANCER or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment today!
Or visit the following sections of our website: