Make an Appointment - Plastic Surgery
Dedicated to whole person care, the Department of Plastic Surgery at Loma Linda University Medical Center (LLUMC) provides patients consultation, evaluation and treatment for patients who have been diagnosed with breast cancer and had or will have a mastectomy or partial mastectomy. Breast reconstruction is an option for you to consider toward restoring the normal shape of your breast.
With a team comprised of physicians who are nationally recognized experts in their respective fields as well as a caring and knowledgeable staff, LLUMC ensures that you experience the healing of the body, mind and spirit.
Make A Decision
If you’re interested in breast reconstructive surgery, please consider some of these questions and then discuss them with our plastic surgeons:
- How will breast reconstruction affect my life?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of breast reconstruction?
- Which type of breast reconstruction option am I the best candidate for?
- What are risks and benefits of this type of procedure?
- Will the procedure achieve my desired reconstructive and aesthetic goals?
- What are the lifetime maintenance requirements for undergoing this procedure?
- How experienced are the surgeons in performing this type of procedure?
- Do you have a former patient whose circumstances are similar to mine that I may contact?
- Who will pay for my reconstruction?
- What are the next steps following our initial appointment?
LLUMC wants to ensure your visit to LLUMC goes as smoothly as possible. Prior to your first visit, we recommend that new patients review, download and print out the forms listed below.
Undergoing Breast Reconstruction at LLUMC
Whether immediate or delayed, all breast reconstruction procedures are done over 3-5 different operations. Please keep in mind that additional operations may be needed for further revisions. Read our patient letter below, then sign to acknowledge that you understand our thorough, surgical process here at LLUMC:
New Patient Forms
Please review and complete the following forms and bring them with you to your scheduled appointment:
For more information about breast reconstruction, visit:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) Breast Reconstruction
- Are Breast Cancer Patients Being Kept in the Dark? ASPS Video
- Plastic Surgery Procedure Animations – Click on “Breast” to view the surgical procedure.