Maternal-Fetal Medicine Center
The Maternal-Fetal Medicine Diagnostic and Treatment Center (MFM) provides comprehensive care for high-risk mothers-to-be and their unborn babies. A service of Loma Linda University Children's Hospital, MFM is a hospital-based outpatient program that follows a multidisciplinary team approach. The staff is committed to providing comprehensive, integrated care for diagnosing, treating and managing high-risk, complicated pregnancies all within a single, family-oriented center.
Women who are high-risk may include those who have an unborn child with chromosomal abnormalities or birth defects, have a known genetic disorder, or who have a serious medical condition such as renal failure, insulin-dependent diabetes, or heart disease. MFM services include:
- Preconception and genetic counseling
- Prenatal testing and diagnosis
- High-riskpregnancy consultation and maternity services
- Comprehensive 2-D, 4-D & Doppler ultrasound
- Diabetes education and nutritional counseling
- Lactation support and consultation
- Psychosocial assessment and lifestyle management
- Patient and family education classes and support groups
Click here for more detailed information about Maternal Fetal Medicine center.
For more information on this and other women's services, please call 1-888-97-WOMEN (96636).