Accepting New Patients?
- Accepting adults at this time.
- Accepting children at this time.
Please contact your provider's office to verify insurance coverage.
Barry E. Watkins
SpecialtiesPediatric Orthopaedic Upper Extremity, Pediatric Orthopaedics, Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Pediatric Orthopaedic Hand Surgery, Pediatric Congenital Deformities
Department of Orthopedic Surgery 147(909) 558-2808
Conditions & Procedures
Arm, Elbow & Wrist
Hand and upper extremity
Joint replacement of the elbow and hand
Arthroscopy of the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder
About Barry E. Watkins
Philosophy of CareAs the Chief of the Section of Hand Surgery for Loma Linda University Medical Center I have managed the most complex and difficult of hand problems and injuries. LLUMC is a level 1 trauma center, we are the referral center for orthopedic care for the vast region between Las Vegas and San Diego, and from between Los Angeles and Phoenix. Treatment of major trauma, reattachment of severed arms hands or fingers, repair of nerve tendon and vascular injuries to the arm are done performed with the latest methods. Other facilities in the region send their patients to us for Higher Level of Care, and that is indeed what we provide. In addition to treating trauma, athletic injuries such as rotator cuff problems, biceps tendon ruptures, elbow ligament and tendon problems are treated with expert care and the latest arthroscopic methods. My arthroscopic expertise includes the shoulder, elbow, wrist, thumb and fingers, to address your needs with the least invasive means possible.
When people think of joint replacement, most are aware of artificial knees and hips. My expertise in elbow replacements and alternative treatments for elbow arthritis can deal with a painful elbow in the best way for each patient. When hand and wrist joints become arthritic and painful my experience with arthroscopy, fusions, and joint replacements will give you the best option for your situation.
Since 1998, a major focus of my practice has been children. My mentor and senior partner is Dr. Virchel Wood, honored as the Most cited author in Congenital Hand Surgery by the American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Working closely with Dr. Wood has been a privilege and our care of childhood injuries and deformities of the arm and hand has made Loma Linda University a major referral center for these problems.
Languages I SpeakTranslation Available
- Doctor of Medicine, Loma Linda University Medical Center
- Intern, General Surgery, Loma Linda University Medical Center
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Loma Linda University Medical Center
- Fellow, Hand Surgery, Loma Linda University Medical Center
- Clinical Practice and Research: Joint replacement of the elbow and hand
- Clinical Practice and Research: Microsurgery
- Clinical Practice and Research: Nerve injuries and their treatment
- Clinical Practice and Research: Hand and upper extremity
- Appointments, Head of Hand Surgery, Loma Linda University, School of Medicine
- Appointments, Assistant Professor Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Membership, San Bernardino County Medical Association
- Membership, Neufield Society
- Membership, California Orthopaedic Association
- Membership, American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Membership, American Medical Association
- Membership, Alpha Omega Alpha
- Clinical Practice and Research: Arthroscopy of the hand, wrist elbow, and shoulder
- of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery