Bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral graduates of Loma Linda University School of Nursing marched in the June 12 commencement ceremony to receive their degrees earned through untold hours of dedication, hard work and commitment. More than 200 students graduated.
They heard a messaged titled “Be Excellent” from commencement speaker Robyn Nelson, PhD, dean, College of Nursing at West Coast University. Nelson is also an alumna of Loma Linda University School of Nursing.
Several students received awards, as well as one faculty member.
• Dean’s Award, Undergraduate: Kelsey Trujillo
• Dean’s Award, Graduate, Master’s: Cameron Harvey
• Dean’s Award, Graduate, DNP: Jennifer Newcombe
• Dean’s Award, Graduate, PhD, Julia Pusztai
• President’s Award: Kara Jeffries
• School Distinguished Service Award: Dynnette (Dee) Hart, DrPH, associate dean emerita
After the conferring of degrees, Associate Professor Shirley Bristol, MS, JD, gave the charge to the class of 2016, followed in response by Kimber Rawson, DNP graduate, and Arleen Castro and Christian Rawlon, BS graduates.
Congratulations to all these nurses as they continue to build hope and transform lives.