Lens options Available:
- Cataract Extraction with Intra-ocular Lens
- Premium IOL’s include:
- Tecnis Symfony and Tecnis Symfony Toric is an Extended Depth of Focus IOL that provides continuous range of high-quality vision at all distances which reduces the dependency on glasses. Tecnis Symfony lens provides intermediate and near visual acuity while maintaining comparable distance visual acuity. The Tecnis Symfony Torichelps in the reduction of residual refractive astigmatism in adults with greater than or equal to 1 diopter of corneal astigmatism. There is an additional cost for having this new lens implanted.
- New technology lens implants, such as the Acrysoft and ReSTOR diffractive implants, are designed to give you focused vision for near, far and many things in between without glasses. Based on FDA clinical data, there is an 80% chance you will never have to wear glasses again.
- The goal of the lens surgery is to allow you to read the newspaper, prescription bottles, mail and to see many other things near and far without glasses. There is an additional cost to you that is not covered by insurance for having this lens implanted and there are some vision quality issues that will be explained at your visit.
- Crystalens is an "accommodating" lens. This lens is the only FDA approved lens of its kind. This lens is approved to work with the eyes natural ciliary muscle to provide distance, intermediate and near vision ranges. Most patients have reduced their dependence on glasses and are able to drive, read the newspaper or a phone book without glasses.
- The Acrysof Toric lens is a new technology implant that makes it possible to reduce or eliminate corneal astigmatism at the time of cataract surgery. The unique design of the Acrysof Toric IOL provides significantly improved distance vision without glasses or contact lenses. Most patients with the Toric IOL will need reading glasses after surgery.
- Howard Guan, MD
- Wayne Isaeff, MD
- Samantha Perea, MD
- Michael Rauser, MD, Department Chairman
- Richard Tamesis, MD
- Donald Tohm, MD
- David Sierpina, MD
- Jewel Sandy, MD
- Kimberly Chan
- Frank Hwang
Schedule Your Appointment Today