Stipends and Benefits - Internal Medicine
Stipends and benefits offered by the University include health disability, life and malpractice insurance, paid leave, unpaid leave (with benefits), white coats and scrubs, an educational stipend, assistance for fatigued residents and food discounts in the cafeterias and snack shops.
- A faculty mentor based on their areas of interest
- Free online access to UpToDate, MD Consult, PubMed downloadable articles, electronic library access from LLUMC.
- Free Resident email addresses are provided.
- Two-way text pagers are provided.
- American College of Physicians membership paid throughout your residency (categorical, PCT and Med-Peds residents), this includes subscriptions to Annals of Internal Medicine, ACP Journal Club, and ACP Medicine Online access
- International electives are also available at affiliated institutions (based on availability)
- Drayson Center - Free unlimited access for you and your dependents to an immense recreation complex on the LLU campus. This state-of-the-art facility was completed in 1995 and boasts extensive aerobics and weight-training equipment, three full-size indoor basketball courts, a 1/9 mile indoor track and a ܠmile outdoor track, five racquetball courts, an indoor climbing wall, two large heated swimming pools, spa, fully-equipped locker rooms with sauna, four softball fields, six lighted tennis courts, and two lighted volleyball courts. One of the pools has a 22-foot-high, 150-foot water slide.
- LLU also has an intramural sports program with softball, volleyball, football, soccer, and basketball. Classes and training are available for rock climbing, tennis, SCUBA, marathon race training, golf, aerobics, karate, and much more.
- Free social events, including holiday banquet, graduation banquet, resident fairs and various dinners and activities.
- Annual yearbook