The goal of Volunteer Services is to match potential volunteers with the current needs of our programs. Applicants will be screened and accepted based on availability, program selection, and compatibility. If your application is accepted, you will be processed according to the onboarding requirements below.
- Adult programs – Must be at least 18 years of age and be able to commit to at least 100 hours of service per year (at least 2 hours per week)
- Teen Summer - Must be between 14-17 years of age and be able to commit to 35 hours during a summer session (up to 8 hours per week)
- Have a valid U.S. Social Security number
- Be in good physical and mental health
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (second language skills are a plus)
- Complete TB clearance
- Complete influenza immunization (between the months of October 1st through March 31st each year)
- Successful completion of the background investigation (not applicable for teens)
- NOT receiving academic credit or court-ordered community service
- If you cannot commit to the 100 hour requirement, please visit our Community Events page
for volunteer opportunities within the Loma Linda University Health community.